Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wrap that Crap

Today I ventured a venture into a culinary adventure.

In my Health Psychology class, we were given an assignment to keep track of our food intake and metabolic output for 5 days.  I was pretty excited about the assignment, as I knew it would give me better insight into my lifestyle choices.  It also helped me to be a bit more conscientious about what I was putting into my body, both in the form of comestibles and investments for future health.  

A few days into the project, my roommate and I went grocery shopping.  As we entered the produce section, we both started finding things that would presumably make for a delectable salad or wrap.  Before long, we both had a healthy (really) amount of items to satiate our impromptu health craze.  I spent a little more than I originally planned, but hey.  What can I say?  Mad props to whoever organized Smith's produce.

For lunch today, I decided to try out a bit of what I had purchased.  I am a big fan of wraps, so I decided to throw down a lil wrap.  I wanted to start with some beets, but I was out.  So instead, I used everything else.  And I was quite pleased with what came out:

          Ingredients
          1 tortilla
          3 slices of turkey
          Nondescript amounts of Parmesan cheese, spinach, black                       beans, salsa, honey mustard peanuts, red bell pepper, green                   onions and a lovely raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette I picked                       up from the store.

I have dubbed it the "What the Crap was in that Wrap?©" wrap.  Or maybe just the "Crap Wrap©".  They both sound delicious.  Despite the eclecticism of its components, it was actually quite good.  It got me really excited about eating more healthily.  Ima even look up some new recipes, too.  If it's healthy and that good, I'm sold.  It also got me excited for the future should I ever come across marriage.  It's nice to know that when mealtime arrives and we're deciding what to eat, I'll have something to bring to the table (you see what I did there?).  Yes, future wife, you can rest at ease knowing that past/present/future husband can always pull a bunch of crap out of the fridge and wrap it in a tortilla.

Don't all jump in line at once.


No comments :

Post a Comment