Thursday, January 24, 2013

Optimism Pt. 2

Lately, here, it has been cold.  Like really cold.  Add to that the second worst air quality in the nation and freezing rain and Provo hasn’t been a delightful place to be.  Unless you're into those sorts of things, in which case I’ll trade you lives.
  
But after hearing about them literally constantly for the entirety of this new year, and after much study and consideration, I have concluded that complaining is not the best course of action.  This has been hard, though.  Especially after today when my right sock got wet.  I was le misérable.  So I started thinking of ways that I might make peace with mine enemy, and I came up with one:  I decided to find people/weather more (les[s]) misérables than myself/my own.  Turns out:  not hard to do → 


Unaware that umbrellas are for water from above

A Venitian gondola ride, almost

Unlike those boats, these people are not boats

Water indicators

Not a joy ride.


The ocean, as a weather condition

Frozen humidity

Enormous hail/baseball plug



Being stuck in ice is not a warm idea

Willingly living in ice is not a warm idea

Hurricanes are not nice weather


Lightning all over your city is not nice weather

Acid rain exfoliates, but not like you’d expect

Even houses run away from giant tornadoes

Rainbow tornadoes may look friendly, but nope


Lightning tornadoes in rush hour traffic

Fire tornadoes that blow up buildings

Even with all of those suns, space is not warm, and throws meteors at you

Raining lava is probably not ideal

Mobile electric volcanic ash


Electronic magma



I would imagine the Apocalypse will have some pretty crummy weather, whether it come in the form of subterranean explosions, nuclear explosions and radiation poisoning, fire and brimstone rain, or raining planets.

Hell, where the forecast appears ominous

I also found this:


Lemonade

Oh, internet.  You know just how to make a man feel special.  This little experiment has made me feel better about things.  Were my sock dry, I'd probably feel really good right now.  Next time someone asks me how I feel about the weather, I'll say, "Well, no electronic magma," or, "It's not raining planets," or, "I still have all of my skin."  And then I'll remember that the weather is great, comparatively.  Keep cool, everybody.  Shouldn’t be too hard in this weather.

1 comment :

  1. THANKS FOR THIS SILLY BILLY! TOTALLY CHEERED ME UP AFTER A LONG DREADFUL DAY......I BELIEVE YOU ARE INSPIRED :)

    ReplyDelete