Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Optimism

Yesterday was one of the busiest days of my life.

Okay maybe not.  But it was super busy.  Behold my schedule.  Feel free to memorize it: 

          8-10:45 - Class 
          11-11:45 - Devotional 
          11:45-12:30 - Walking! 
          12:30-4:45 - Warking! 
          4:45-6 - Studies! 
          6-7:30 - Test 1 (exclamation mark removed for lack of                                       excitement) 
          7:30-7:33 - Weeping bitterly! 
          7:34-8:55 - Regain composure/Studies 
          8:55-9:59 - Test 2

I have decided that one of the worst feelings in the world results from studying hard for a test, incurring a late fee upon yourself for extra time to study for said test, taking double-said test, feeling like you know most of the answers, feeling good after leaving the test and then finding out you didn't do well at all.  It's like getting sucker punched by those display screens in the testing center.  This happened after my first test.  I did better on #2, but was still left feeling deceived and betrayed by that skanky first one.  I couldn't get over it.  After a while, I decided to try and look on the bright side.  I came up with a list of things that could leave you with a worse feeling than the aforementioned scenario.  Have a look:

  • Playing bulldozer with a porcupine
  • Playing bulldozer with a bulldozer
  • Having your feet licked by this
  • The gallon challenge with lava
  • Boils
  • Jabba the Hut
  • Shaving someone's back
  • Losing an arm-wrestling match to this guy
  • Taking a shower in acid
  • Falling into a vat of snails
  • Mistaking a bomb for a jawbreaker (although technically.........)
  • Playing catch with a wrecking ball

Needless to say, I felt better.  Life's not so bad if you think about it. 


3 comments :

  1. I feel like all of those are post it words of wisdom. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows, maybe the majority of the test was keyed incorrectly. And by majority I obviously mean plurality (if you missed less than 50%, and the remainder of the questions did not all have the same answer because this would mean that any effort to outvote the incorrect portion of the test by any of the other letters, being A-E or what have you, would fail, showing us once again that teamwork is necessary to overcome the plurality of wrongness and incompetence that thrives in the world).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira: Tell your mom so maybe she won't be offended by me anymore!

    Suga: Right!

    ReplyDelete