Monday, September 5, 2011

Ginger Head Man

I was recently informed that this weekend is the weekend of the annual Red Head Day festival in the Netherlands.  A few thoughts I had:  First off, how the heck did I not know about this sooner?  Second off, the Netherlands just became my favorite lands.  Third off:  I totally have a red head!!!



Red Head Day is a festival that they throw every summer where people with naturally red hair get together to appreciate redheadedness.  The festival spans two days in the first weekend of September, obviously because there's too much about redheads to appreciate in only one day.  They have lectures, demonstrations, etc. that are focused towards the redheaded audience, and also have art displays which focus on the usage of the color red.

I need to take part in this festival.  I think this is duh.  It is a little late for me to make the trek to be with my kindred this year, though.  So I'm letting you all know via this here blog that, starting now, I will be accepting donations to sponsor my flight over to the Netherlands next year to attend this festival.  As a thank you for your donation, you will receive happy fuzzy feelings, some lovin' from yours truly and possibly a free t-shirt.  Just get in contact with me and we'll work something out.

Ruadh gu brath!


2 comments :

  1. I don't want that t-shirt. I was thinking about helping 'til I saw that. It will frighten the child.

    ReplyDelete