Monday, February 6, 2012

Ingenuity at its finest

Yesterday I experienced firsthand an amazing invention that has been around for a while. Heavy on the round. 
 
The belly shelf.

Let me break down this complicated device for you:  It’s when you use your belly as a shelf to hold stuff.  To attain this ingenious device, one must acquire one of two distinguished statuses:  pregnant lady or fat guy. But not just any fat guy.  A fat guy that looks like a pregnant lady .  I’ll let you guess which one I am.  

I was at the library reading some crazy stuff on a computer.  After a few words, I pulled out my phone to check something.  After a successful check, I didn’t really feel like putting the phone all the way back in my pocket, so I observed my surroundings.  Table?  Didn’t want to put it on the table, as a text or phone call would cause a raucous racket. Keyboard?  Na...  That’s more for keys...  All of a sudden, something caught my eye.  From the depths of my perceptive field arose a large, rotund, imposing object, both terrifying and beautiful...  It was flat(ish).  It was accessible.  It was closer than my pocket.  It was my belly.  

I put my phone on it.  And it worked great.  I even got a nice little tickle whenever I got a text.  What’s not to like?  It made me jealous of pregnant ladies.  It also really makes me wonder what other great ideas drunkards have that aren’t being taken full advantage of.


No comments :

Post a Comment