Friday, September 16, 2011

Science!


Since the school has gotten started, I've had lots of reading I've had to do.  Over the last week or so, this amount has enlarged, seeing as how I didn't have most of my books until about a week into the semester, and now the assignments just keep piling up.  It's starting to appear a bit daunting.

...but instead of catch up on that reading, the last few days have been dedicated to the internet!  All hail Al Gore.  Yesterday, I found an article that piqued my interest.  That article had a link to another article that double piqued my interest.  That article had a link to a bunch of other articles and gone was my day.  But these were actually educational endeavors—about science!  Therefore my brain was not drained, but instead strained and gained.

Here are a few of the articles I read if n you have time or interest:



  • What plant life might be like on a world with two suns, possibly having black leaves: Learn!
  • This insanely high-tech new tank they just came out with:  Learn!
  • This site is an atlas of cool/unique places/sites/sights all over the world:  Learn!
  • So I guess this 'nearby' (astronomically) star is set to explode 'soon' (astronomically) and apparently it would be bright enough to affect lighting here on the earth for several months.  How cool would that be?: Learn!
  • A planet that rains rocks: Learn!
  • And if you're in the mood to have your brain melted, what some scientists consider to be the Top 10 Strangest Things in Space:  Melt Your Brain!

I hope you have enjoyed my geek out.  I found this stuff fascinating.  Yeah science!


 

1 comment :