Thursday, September 22, 2011

Best & Wordst

I like words.  Is that weirds?  No.  NO it's not. 

I think a lot about words.  I'm very particular in my wording.  This helps me in some things, such as the following:  a.)  Translation, b.)  Self-Expression, c.)  Deception.  It hurts me in other things:  a.)  Translation,  b.)  Self-Expression, c.)  Being Normal.   Either way, I still like words.  We just need to work on some things is all.

I was recently on dictionary.com (don't judge me) and I found a couple of articles I found to be entertaining.  In the first, dictionary.com (or DDC to those familiar with the site) shared what some experts had found to be the most beautifully sounding words in the English language.  It was interesting, as there were some there that I probably wouldn't have thought of.  In addition to that, people left comments at the bottom as to what they thought were the most beautiful words.  This, however, also spawned a discussion as to what were the grossest sounding words in all of English-dom.  So DDC came out with a second installment sharing some of the most mentioned grossy words, which spawned an even more heated discussion about gross words.  This made me laugh because there are some pretty dang gross sounding English words, and my friends and I had actually talked about this on several occasions growing up, and, what is more, I based my very first blog post on the very topic.  We have come full circle my friends.  Anyways.  Enjoy!

PS:  There may or may not be a few unpropitious/inimical/discommodious words on the list, just so you know.  Nothing too bad.  But if you think of them for their phonetic value instead of their actual meaning, it will protect you.  I promise.


No comments :

Post a Comment