Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Notist

I am on Thanksgiving break.  Here are a few things I have duly noted thus far:

1.)  I love watching people - Creepy?  Yes.  True?  Also yes.  In more             ways than one.  Airports are especially fun.  ...unless you get caught.       .......but still though.
2.)  I find it hard to keep a straight face while getting patted down at the       airport.
3.)  In general, I think that people are better than we sometimes give           them credit for.
4.)  Little kids are adorable - my nieces probably lead the pack.
5.)  Birds from Seattle are lucky - Except the Seahawks.  But seriously,         though.  I don't know if anyone has ever had the privilege of flying           into the Seattle/Tacoma airport, but it's breathtaking.  As is custom         (at least whenever I've done it), you're flying through thick clouds           the whole time you approach the city.  Then all of a sudden, you             emerge and there's a gorgeous vista laid out below.  You see a               gaggle of little peninsulas, sticking out in all directions, covered by         beautiful trees (which were changing colors at the time, mind                 you) and orderly housing developments only partly visible through           the dense foliage.  All of these enclaves are connected by manmade         roadways which skim right across the surface of the water.  Off in           the distance to the east, you've got the Cascade mountains.                   Delicious.  I couldn't find or take a picture though.  Let your                   imaginations run wild.
5.)  Running on treadmills barefoot makes my toes stick together                 and the skin on the bottom of my feet not stick to the rest of my foot       anymore.
6.)  Lower altitudes make me feel invincible.
7.)  I have forgotten how I've survived so many winter moons when it           gets dark before 5 pm.
8.)  There's something emotionally and mentally draining about having a         moustache and seeing it every time you look in the mirror.
9.)  Nostalgia runs rampant every time I come home to visit.
10.) Hygiene runs the opposite of rampant.


.

2 comments :