Monday, February 13, 2012

Dispositions

As good ole Saint Valentine’s Day approaches, a lot of hoopla and ballyhoo are directed towards emotion, sentiment, and relationships.  Since I don’t really possess any of those things, this Valentine season I have been focusing on something that I’m more capable of: Basic dispositions. I've got a pulse, too. So I engaged my extensive list of humanoid abilities and created a list of things that I like and don't like.

Things I like:

  • Sunsets
  • Finding candies
  • Waving at people while not wearing pants and them having no awareness of my condition
  • When the sun starts fighting through the clouds after it has been cloudy all day
  • (creating) Neologisms
  • Meaningful conversations
  • Free food
  • Discovery/Understanding
  • Doing better at something than you thought you would
  • The feeling you get after you’ve been busy for a while, you accomplish everything you need to, and you have nothing pressing to do
  • Good friends
  • Baseball
  • Reading about other people doing good things
  • Being able to type entire words using letters that are on one half of the keyboard, and therefore only needing one hand to do so
  • Finding out there is a curve on a test

Things I don't like:
  • When people steal my sweet moves in Words with Friends
  • Going into a building when it’s light outside and having it be dark when I come back out
  • Ignorance touted as fact
  • When you’re crossing the crosswalk and a car is waiting for you so they can turn and they inch closer with every step you take
  • Having to get back up after you’ve gotten settled in bed or in a chair 
  • Shoe wedgies

No comments :

Post a Comment