Wednesday, March 13, 2013

*;( pt. 2

This month, I've been reliving a lot of past experiences. This is an opportunity that a lot of people would kill for. If they were to actually kill someone for the chance to live an experience over again, that decision would likely become one of the experiences they would like to relive. Nostalgia and regret are not strong justifications for murder.

If you have followed my blog for a while, wow. Okay. You may also remember this little ditty. If not, there once was a ditty. I was walking on campus, made eye contact with a dude, and in that moment a snowflake hit one of my eyes, creating a wink. I winked at a dude. This was not my greatest moment or even in my top 10. It being less than positive, one would hope it doesn't even approach the top 10. But, notwithstanding its ranking, this was an experience I got to live over again.

Here's a little ditty. The other day, I was walking on campus with some friends. It was a cloudy and cold day, being that it was still winter. Despite these factors, it wasn't very snowy. A light snow had fallen earlier that week, but it was no longer fresh. I'll tell you what was fresh, though. This dude walking towards us. He was a dapper looking fellow, dressed in a fly suit. He was a bit older, but sauntered towards us with some spring in his step. As he drew near, I made eye contact, as is my custom. But unbeknownst to me was a snowflake, also looking to make eye contact. Physically. Drift on down it did. From where? No one knows. To where? My eye.  


My eye recoiled in horror, writhing and hissing, shrieking and moaning. My eyelids clenched down on the snowflake, crushing it ‘neath their wrath. My eye opened again, victorious in the wake of its enemy's demise. But all that fly guy saw was a wink.

We both kept walking, moving on physically, but perhaps not emotionally. I don't know what my wink meant to that man. It might have changed his perspective on everything. He didn't know it was an accident. All he knows is how it made him feel, which was either good or weird or any other emotion.  But we shared a moment.  And that’s not something he can change or deny.  I have forever become a part of this man’s history, and he mine.  That probably means annual Christmas cards will be exchanged.  But even if not, you’re welcome for the wink.  It wasn’t intentional, but I think we’re both glad it happened.  Ish.


No comments :

Post a Comment