Sunday, March 18, 2012

Verde que te quiero verde

Every year as St. Patrick’s Day approaches, I get excited.  Why, you ask?  I will answer your ask: Because I love the color green. Green is an overtly and aesthetically pleasing masterpiece. Green is associated with such concepts as life, renewal, nature, fertility, hope, and joy. It is sacred in some cultures. It has even been said that green is sexy-wexy. Allow me to use a well-known jingle to make a point, albeit with a few modifications: "Everything is better with [green] ... on it." 
However, every year I am saddened as many people fall by the wayside and fail to recognize and/or take advantage of this opportunity to renew and be fertile. I'm always disheartened and disappointed (both!) at how many people don't wear green on St. Patrick's Day. In an ideal world, a mass of green bodies would greet me in celebration of St. P's Diddy as I braved the ascent to campus. Actually, I'm always disheartened and disappointed (still both!) at how many people don't wear green, no matter the day or occasion. I want those green bodies all the time. I don't know what it is exactly, but people look better when they wear green. Really. I find a person more attractive if they are wearing the color green. There's just something about it that looks great, and it rubs off on the body it's rubbing against. If you know what I'm sayin.  

In fact, it reminds me of a poem I once read for a Spanish Literature class entitled "Verde que te quiero verde" by Federico García Lorca. As far as the meaning goes, I only know that green is the color of passion and romance in Spain ;) and that it's depressing ;( But I wholeheartedly agree with the direct translation of the title, which is "Green—I want you green."  And that is the moral of our story for today.  

I want you (to wear) green.

2 comments :

  1. Kameron you kill me!! haha!! Don't hate me but green is my least favorite color. This post is very persuasive however. Maybe I'll reconsider my ways. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete