Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Blog-iversary!

Does that sound happy to you?  Does it?



Welp.  It has been a year since I started up this lovely blog of mine.  I feel I’ve learned a lot since I began blogging over everything everywhere.  I also consider it a large personal victory when anything I start lasts longer than a few weeks. I feel like part of its longevity is due to the enjoyable nature of writing the posts. As I was perusing some old pics, I actually found some of me writing a few of my blog posts from this past year.  Someone grabbed my camera and took a picture of me almost every time.  What are the odds?  Beholda peek into the creative process:




I also thought it would be nice to plan out some fun activities for my blog.  So we:



Went to the beach.



Sailed over Niagara Falls.



Hung out with some Aborigines in the Australian Outback.


Hiked to the top of Mount Everest.


Journeyed to the center of the earth.


Chilled on the surface of Mars.



Pit stop to the Future.

Anniversary trips are easy on the internet. I also didn't shave my moustache. And I even made a cake:





Man.  Good times.  

Although I still maintain my stance on blog being a disgusting word, I'm happy I started one/do it.  It has been quite fun.  And also meaningful.  Within the last couple of days, I've gone back and read some posts from the pasts.  It has been nice to have somewhere to expound on some thoughts and experiences that I've had.  I think some of them may have gotten lost
or at least not received the attention they deservedhad I not had somewhere to share them.  It has also been a creative outlet.  And though maybe it would've been better had I not let out some of my creatives, everyone's entitled to embarrass themselves on the internet every once in a while and shamelessly invite people to witness it.  Some just do it more often.  And on purpose.  But here's to another year without shame.  Or at least as long as my attention span holds out... Let me know if you have any suggestions or anything on how I can make it better. I promise I'll at least briefly consider them.


2 comments :

  1. wait.. What? Did you really make that cake? I finally hit 100 followers and Jeremy took me out to get chocolate, but if you made your blog a cake, then my blog is feeling under celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you need more explosions. I have to think too much when I read your blog (you can also erase the "too much" and have the same sentence).

    ReplyDelete