Monday, June 4, 2012

Freelance A Lot

I recently got tabbed* to do some translation work for a friend of mine for some research they’re participating in.  The job basically involves translating some consent and information forms into Spanish.  There are enough pages to keep me busy for a while.

This is noteworthy because this is my first legit translation job.  Like an actual job.  Translating.  And I feel legit.  Revel with me for a moment.  



Now that you’ve reveled for a moment (with me), let’s up the coolness:  It’s also freelance.  Revel again, if you wish.  Freelance translator.  This means that I get to do it from wherever tickles me.  And the place that is currently tickling me is in my living room with my feet up, penguin slippers on, pants optional, listening to my last.fm mix radio and getting ready to listen in on a live stream of the MLB draft.  Silent Night by Boyz II Men just came on and I think I might want some yogurt.  

I could get used to this.

* Author’s note:  After I wrote this blogpost, I was looking for fun things to link to, as is my custom.  I thought there might be something fun to do with the phrase ‘got tabbed.’  So I typed that exact phrase into google images to see what I could find.  Google was kind enough to read my mind and correct my obvious mistake as ‘got stabbed’ without verifying with me first.  Imagine my surprise as I was exposed to a slew of horrific images upon hitting the enter key.  Suffice it to say I was no longer motivated to look for fun things to link to.


No comments :

Post a Comment